For my first post, I wanted to give you all five ways to improve your health TODAY. These are simple tips that can be implemented right away.
- Drink a glass of water first thing when you get up.
- I’ve found the easiest way to make this happen is by bringing a glass of water with you to bed. Sure, you might take a couple of sips throughout the night but you should have a good amount left in the morning that you can drink upon waking. After a night of rest, your body wakes up slightly dehydrated so this is a great way to combat that and give your metabolism a boost.
- Create a nighttime routine.
- This is the first step in ensuring you get a good night’s sleep. For me, this means staying off of my phone for a couple of hours leading up to bed, using essential oils, reading, journaling, and meditating (I’ll do a more in-depth post about this another time). Whatever it looks like for you, make sure to be consistent with it.
- Sit down for your next meal.
- This is about being more mindful of your eating behaviors. Try to limit distractions – watching TV, being on your phone, etc. If you focus on the food you’re eating, you’ll be more in tune with satiety signals and you’ll probably end up enjoying the meal more!
- Get moving.
- Whatever that means to you, try to do it for 30 minutes/day. This could be as simple as a half hour walk or trying the new workout class you’ve been interested in.
- Start reading food labels.
- Ideally most of the foods you’re eating won’t have labels (fruits/vegetables) but being aware of the ingredients in any processed foods you’re consuming is a good habit to get into.
Begin with just one of these actions every day for a week and notice how you feel. Leave a comment letting me know which one you are going to start with!